I close my eyes and listen to the songs to tune myself to the ceremony ahead;
I listen to the songs to tune a deeper chord inside myself;
A deeper chord inside myself, thus offers itself, like sword and shield;
Like Frodo and Sting, the deeper chord glows as anxiety reveals
Itself, with Its monstrous depression and fear, taking control of
Stress, once-faithful companion, sabotaging the cortisol dear
Productivity reared; offering itself, this chord leans in to say,
“I’ve got your back. I’m right here.”
Honeymoon controlled variables
- Scheduled Airbnbs—yep (we’re staying at four places, each for 2-3 nights…well, except the fancy hotel, which is just one night, so I can die in a fancy hotel pool)
- Scheduled snorkeling in crater—yep!
- Scheduled plane tickets—yep!
- Scheduled ferry to take us to Lanai—yep!
I AM NOT FREAKING OUT AT ALL—
Note to self: Write about bridezilla anxiety.
Honeymoon unknown variables
- Luau?—figure it out when we get there?
- Kayaking?—only if we’re bored?
- Jeep or alternate transit on Lanai—if I don’t think about it, it can’t freak me out, LALALALALALA (it’s freaking me out)
Wedding controlled variables
- Everything is scheduled—yep!
- People are going to be there—yep!
Wedding unknown variables
Every time I think about this part, I need a nap.